Saturday, September 11, 2010

Why aren't the foundation deficiencies cleaned up first?

September 10, 2010

When I went to check to see if the foundation passed inspection, I was hoping to see the deficiencies on the platon installation cleaned up.  Nope. But the weeping tile guys decided to put a landscape fabric over the rocks at the base of the footing instead.  What is going on?

I don't even have a quote for this work!  I had passed on a sketch for this idea in lieu of putting a sock on the weeping tile [which they did not do as I hoped]...  The fabric will hopefully stop the silt from clogging the little holes in the weeping tile.

I hope they connected the weeping tile to the T-connection before the covered it all up!  [I'll have to check from the inside, I guess...]

Ah, the saga continues...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through the Green Edmonton blog. Crappy to read about your trouble with your weeping tile. What a pain.

    Don't know what you're planning for your plumbing, but my husband is a Journeyman Red Seal plumber and a licenced contractor, and he specializes in environmentally-friendly plumbing, specifically kitchens and bathrooms. He was one of the plumbers who worked on the Riverdale Net Zero project in his capacity at his old job.

    We are take pride in our green business practices, which includes recycling or repurposing all the waste from our job sites. We also reuse parts as much as we can for the sake of the environment and for the sake of our clients. If you're interested in hearing more, please feel free check out our page on Facebook (we have a page under our company name of Maximum Impact Renovations) or our underdeveloped webpage at www.maximpactrenos.ca

    Good luck with your home! We'll be reading along to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete