Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Bike Commute!

I managed to bike home from work in just over 30 minutes! That's not even 3 times longer than my old commute. I hugged the top of the river valley and didn't dive down into the valley itself, and I peddled moderately- not full tilt fast.  This was faster than taking the bus! When I biked the trails in the valley, my commute time ballooned to 49 minutes- partly because I'm outta' shape and the hills were killing me. My goal: by next summer, get the river valley trail time to 40 minutes! 

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    Good job on the bike commuting. There is a pretty good app that I've been using for a while to keep track of my rides. Free to use/download etc.

    http://www.runtastic.com/en/apps/roadbike

    Enjoy!

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the app suggestion, Al!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada Boulevard is a great route - nice and flat and few cars due to the speedbumps. Love the view of downtown when it cranks north too!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new neighbourhood (our old one).
    Duncan & Esther

    ReplyDelete